How I prepared for my board exams




Well, I had become very lazy by the end of November. I had my pre-boards in November and when they got over I was exhausted so much that I took a break of 1 week ! Then December came bringing much more cold than expected, and I had to study for 3 months from that time at home( December, January, February).
I had confidence in my ability to handle the exam and the pressure along with it myself so I did not join any coaching center nor did I go for any tuitions. 
I had ordered four booklets of sample papers however, and I thought of using them only after completing  the syllabus again by January. 

So after 1 week of complete rest and isolation from studies I set off for the preparation of a very important landmark of my life, " The Board Exams". I went to meet my teachers on my birthday (1st December) in the name of giving sweets, I met them and received the things that I would really require during the coming months, that is, blessings , advice and encouragement. Then, I really began my journey for the boards from 2nd December in my room. Since it would be really cold I would wake only at 7 or 7:30am and would read stuffs, literally only read. Then the morning would pass slowly, and from 10am I would begin my study. I would study boring subjects during these fresh hours like History or Economics or Geography (Political science was interesting for me). Wow! I would tell myself, "I'm studying for the boards" would be a constant source of inspiration for me from me. Then after having  lunch at 2pm I would study 1 chapter of science( Anything PCB),then I would read some part of novel(the diary of Anne would be quite enthusiastic, as both of us were teenagers), then I would listen to Mozart,or Bach in the evening, with 'chamak challo' to relieve stress and 'breakup song' to imagine some things in future and sometimes I would play some songs over and over again on guitar as I did not have time to learn the chords of new songs, so old was gold at that time. I would listen to all this for about 1 hour as I wanted to steam off all my worries and be light. Then I would practice maths for 3 hours, and finally I would revise the things that I did during the day and sleep well sometimes, or else I would go back to study again till 1:30am and then sleep with satisfaction.

I would study other important subjects during the weekends when my parents would be at home and I would feel much easy and relaxed. 
Like this I spent the two long months of December and January. Then February came which meant I had to bring some changes in my schedule, I changed the schedule completely, in the morning time instead of studying SST like before I would do a sample paper completely with time constraint of 3 hours from 10:30 to 1:30. I guess practicing the sample papers really helped me in my boards, and learning the most important skills for the exams, that is, time management and presentation. I would solve one sample paper everyday as a regime and correct the paper myself. And I would revise the concepts I'd make mistakes in the previous day. This was my schedule for February.
I will soon publish another blog for how I did my boards. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non-random thoughts:

To my classmates

These Days

More from Bishinters