My Board Exams(2018)


By Bishal Chettri
My board exams kicked off with Foundation Of IT on 8th of March. The previous day I was really excited yet a bit nervous as it was my first board exam of my life technically. And I stayed awake till 11pm revising the chapters again and again, I really wanted my boards to start with optimism and that would be possible only if I did my first exam really well. So the next day I woke up early at 5am and did not revise until I reached the exam center which I had never visited before ; well many students from my school were already present there and I went a little ahead and checked my room against my roll number, I happened to be at the hall , I was really happy as hall has that atmosphere of board exams unlike a classroom. So I reached the hall by 9:55am with the help of my  friend and searched my desk and sat silently. A few seconds later the answer sheet was distributed to us. Never had I seen such cool answer sheets in my life, with CBSE 2018 punched on every page and width was longer than I imagined. Then we were asked to do the necessary, circling on the OMR sheet and writing the name and again circling it, and writing my roll number and again circling it. I must say it was really fun to circle those again and again. Then at 10:15am we were given the question paper, I saw many students bowing their head before the question paper and remember God. I decided to remember God with my conscience and not physically. For the next 15 minutes I read the question paper seriously and chose my options and found that I knew everything literally. I started from 10:30am and wrote and wrote and time flew fast and I had finished the paper before time and so I decided to check the paper again and again . And I stayed there till the bell rang and afterward I returned home(well happily).

Like that I went to the centre during my other exams and met my friends just to calm my nerves and drank some water and went to the hall. All papers were going smoothly and my Social Science paper was also very good( you may not how much I had to mug up rather than understanding SST unlike other subjects it really required sheer memorization literally). After my SST got over I was as light as a feather as nearly I had to carry the heavy load of 22 chapters which may amount to over 2 gigabytes of data with 5 mb for maps. I really felt happy after successful completion of  SST (I was happy I would not have to memorize maps and places where iron is found and so on ever again). Then came the subject from which we had all been isolated for a long time due to the preparation of other important subjects. 
Maths was the last subject in the date sheet which was a problem as we had forgotten small yet important things. We had 5 days to prepare for maths, I did not practice everything but I during my preparation in the last two months I had marked all the pages of importance in my reference as well as NCERT . I had 5 sample papers left for Maths exactly so  I attempted one each day and I revised the concepts where I made mistakes and those which went over my head. I stayed awake till 1am and practiced maths during that time. 
Then after five days for preparing everyday I was really confident in Maths. I went to the centre and that day I cracked jokes with my friends, this helped me to remain calm and composed. As usual I went to the hall again and filled in the required credentials in the answer sheet and at 10:15am I received my question paper. I went through it and ticked the questions in which I was confident , I found that I had the feeling that I could do all the questions. I believe that I will score good in maths if there are no silly mistakes. Silly mistakes are really dangerous as they can destroy our expectations. So I returned happily to home and I was so relaxed as my exams were over. But life is always full of surprises , I was watching a comedy show, "How I met your mother" when I received the most dreadful news of my life. Rohit Sir had called to tell that the maths paper had been leaked and for maths we would have to do the examination again.

 I felt really bad literally and who wouldn't ? I felt like a person who just lost his new born child. On 28th I had taken a  heavy medicine after coming from the center and I slept by 7pm. The next day I woke up feeling that it was a dream, but really it was true and kind of acidic true.
But I thank God that we did not have examination again, we had lost our focus by then. All is well when it ends well !
After all my boards did have a happy ending, you know just like the good movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non-random thoughts:

To my classmates

These Days

More from Bishinters